Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Movie review: Something Borrowed

I FINALLY got to see the movie Something Borrowed with Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin. I've got to say Ginnifer Goodwin is really growing on me as an actress I really like her, but is she wearing a wig in this movie? I know it probably sounds harsh and mean but it really looks like it. And IMO she is way more beautiful than Kate Hudson. Is this growing into a controversial post?

As I probably have told you guys before I read something blue before I read something borrowed (is this a series of three books? It said so in my version of something borrowed, please pretty please say it's so) I really sympatized with Darcy (Kate Hudson) in the book something blue, so I was kinda worried that the book something borrowed wouldn't do anything for me. But the Rachel character got me. I think I've told you before that I love books with characters which I can identify myself with. I liked the Darcy character, but I loved the Rachel one. And Ginnifer Goodwin was a perfect Rachel, even though I think she isn't supposed to be that beautiful. Atleast not the version I've created she wasn't but that's probably not Hollywood style.

The Dex character was a bit different in the movie than what he's portrayed in the book. I sort of prefer the book version more, but I'm not gonna tell you what/why because that might spoil the movie for those of you who haven't read it yet.

I also didn't think the Marcus character wasn't like the one in the book. I wonder how their gonna build the story if they are gonna make a movie based on something blue as well.

If you're thinking of seeing this movie I recommend that you read the book first. This was one of the books where they don't totally ruin the book for you, like they do a lot of the time. This was a great movie adaption, and I hope they'll make a movie for something blue as well. But I gotta say Emily Giffin if you're against all odds are reading this please please please write a third book about these characters and please focus on Rachel and not Darcy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting